Pól is a Travel Writer & Editor with deep expertise across online, broadcast and print media. He writes, photographs and creates content for titles including National Geographic Traveller and as Travel Editor with INM, a digital-first media company reaching millions of readers weekly.
Over 20 years travelling the world, he has built a trusted reputation as a travel expert who consistently produces award-winning content. Read more about Pól below, get in touch, or check his LinkedIn.
Travel Writer & Editor
Pól is Travel Editor for Independent.ie and Weekend Magazine with INM and a regular contributor to National Geographic Traveller. His travel features have appeared in a host of international publishers, including Condé Nast, Cara Magazine, Silverkris and Guardian/Observer. He was the British Guild of Travel Writers’ Travel Writer of the Year 2016.
TV & Radio
Pól is the travel expert for Newstalk’s Pat Kenny Show. He also contributes regularly to Ireland AM, the RTE Today Show (pictured), and on travel issues with RTE Radio One, the BBC, Today FM, 2FM and others. His Radio One documentary, ‘Fire & Water’, won a Gold Medal at New York Festivals 2013. He has also featured as a travel expert on The Afternoon Show, The Consumer Show, The Daily Show et al.
Talks, Consult, Content
Looking for a speaker, host and influencer with expert knowledge of travel and food, a talent for content creation and an ability to tell stories with maximum impact? Pól is a regular speaker at events like National Geographic Traveller’s Travel Geeks, hosted the inaugural Food Connect conference, and has consulted with hospitality brands ranging from five-star hotels to State bodies and regional tourism groups. Get in touch!
Awards & Honours
– Best Irish Travel Writer 2017 (Travel Media Awards)
– BGTW Travel Writer of the Year 2016 (Pól is pictured above at the British Guild of Travel Writer’s awards in The Savoy, London)
– Irish Travel Writer of the Year 2014, 2013, 2008, 2003-4 (Travel Extra Awards)
– Restaurants Association (RAI) Mike Butt Award for contribution to the Irish Tourism Industry (2017)
– Best use of Digital Media, CLIA UK Cruise Journalism Awards 2016
– Best Travel Writer (Peer Award), Travel Media Awards 2015
– New York Festivals, Gold Medal, 2013 (producer, ‘Fire & Water’)
– Best photojournalism, Caribbean Travel Journalism Awards 2013
– Best Documentary, ‘The Stolen Children’, producer/director with Kim Haughton, Corona Fastnet Film Festival 2009
Books & Media
Pól is the author of several books, including the award-winning Secret Dublin: An Unusual Guide (Jonglez), the second edition of which is due in 2017. He was also the producer of RTE Radio’s award-winning freediving documentary, ‘Fire & Water’, and director/producer with Kim Haughton of ‘The Stolen Generation’, an award-winning short film shot in Mozambique. Find out more on his books and media work here.